Building lifelong learners on the Rock
“…Be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.. the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock”. Matthew 7:24-25.
To provide high quality education for the children of our greater community, through strong positive values, and caring collaborative relationships with whānau.
Our beliefs and values:
The solid rock of Christian beliefs underpins everything at Little Rock Preschool. Relationships form the solid foundation on which Teaching and Learning is built.
- We believe encouraging a spiritual faith is a crucial part of the holistic development of children – healthy in mind, body and spirit.
- Our programme encourages peace, and respect of one another, as well as valuing love, kindness, and helping others.
- We welcome all to Little Rock Preschool and believe in developing strong communication and partnerships with whānau. We value being accommodating and offering hospitality/manaakitanga, as much as possible.
- Relationships extend to include a partnership with Big Rock School, and the wider community. We value developing a programme that seeks to be sustainable, and utilising our local natural resources.
- We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti O Waitangi and developing our bicultural journey. We seek to create a programme that values the cultural diversity of our community.
- We believe that children are unique, and learn in different ways, and come with their own understanding, knowledge, and competence. Through building trust, we develop nurturing, responsive and reciprocal relationships to help empower children to be lifelong learners – this is fundamental to developing their sense of belonging and well-being, and allowing learning to take place.
Desired outcomes for Children:
- Children will develop nurturing, responsive and reciprocal relationships.
- Children will gain an understanding of themselves as competent and confident lifelong learners.
- Children will have basic understandings of Christian values, reflected through respect of one another and the environment.