Health and Safety Policy
To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 2015, the Education (ECE Services) Regulations 2008, and the Licensing Criteria for Education and Care Services 2008.
Little Rock Preschool is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all by complying with relevant health and safety legislation, and regulations.
Little Rock Preschool is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all children, staff, workers and visitors.
We will achieve this through:
- making health and safety a key part of our role
- working with our workers to improve the health and safety system at our Preschool
- doing everything reasonably possible to remove or reduce the risk of injury or illness
- making sure all incidents, injuries and near misses are recorded in the accident/incident register, or, if appropriate, notify WorkSafe NZ
- investigating incidents, near misses and reducing the likelihood of them happening again
- having emergency plans and procedures in place
- training everyone about hazards and risks so everyone can work safely
- providing appropriate induction, training and supervision for all new/existing workers
- helping workers who are injured/ill return to work safely
- making sure contractors/sub-contractors working at the Preschool operate in a safe manner
Officers in the Preschool (Owner, Manager)
Management is responsible for providing and maintaining:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work that prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health by managing health and safety risks in the workplace
- equipment in a safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of all workers
- clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure workers are competent to do their work safely and with regard to health.
Workers in the Preschool (Teachers, Relievers, Students, Education Support Workers, Agencies, Administrators, Contractors/Subcontractors, Volunteers)
All workers are encouraged to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through:
- being involved in improving health and safety systems
- following all instructions, rules, procedures and safe ways of working
- reporting any pain or discomfort as soon as possible
- reporting all injuries, incidents and near misses
- helping new workers, staff members, trainees and visitors to the Preschool understand the safety procedures, and why they exist
- reporting any health and safety concerns, or issues to management
- wearing protective clothing and equipment as, and when, required to minimise exposure to any hazards
Others in the Preschool (whānau, visitors)
All others at Little Rock Preschool- including visitors – are encouraged to:
- read and follow all instructions, rules and procedures around Health and Safety
- report all injuries, incidents and near misses to management
- wear protective clothing and equipment as, and when, required to minimise exposure to any hazards
** Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility – except the children of Little Rock Preschool who have no responsibility for their own health and safety.
Owner: __________________________ Date: ____/____/____